Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick tip: how to make one single cross-browser stylesheet

I would like to share with you my oppinion about making cross-browser web site's.
Hmmm... well as you know a lot of people use 2 stylesheet documents, one for Firefox and one for Internet Explorer.
I personaly dont use two stylesheets but I use one stylesheet for all of browsers and I manage to make it look the same in all browsers. Right now I haven't faced a problem that I couldnt solve to look the same in IE and FF!
I could be wrong about this but until now this method is working great for me, all I do is I test the web site for almost every line of CSS I wrote and if it doesnt look the same then I find the problem and then I solve it and finally in the end line by line I have one stylesheet for all browsers.
All you have to do is to find the difference between IE and FF how they display the codes and find solution which fits both of them...
Element reseting works too, but I have used it in one project and I didnt like it!
By the way try to find the difference, solve them and there you are with one stylesheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment